X819 - Oriana to the Eastern Med

Brightonbreezy

Re: X819 - Oriana to the Eastern Med

Post by Brightonbreezy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 am

A great blog as always, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am 'in sync' with Lizzie - sadly unless a windfall comes my way, I will not be able to sail aboard the lovely Oriana again. I have had my best cruises on her without any doubt and will very much miss her.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

JAH

Post by JAH » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks for the review, which I enjoyed reading. Having never been on Oriana, I hadn't realised that the Headliners performed plays on her. I really enjoyed the ones I saw on Adonia, and had always assumed that that was the only ship they did them on (presumably because the size of the stage and also of the troupe was too small for a full-blown singing and dancing show).

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am

JAH wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am
Thanks for the review, which I enjoyed reading. Having never been on Oriana, I hadn't realised that the Headliners performed plays on her. I really enjoyed the ones I saw on Adonia, and had always assumed that that was the only ship they did them on (presumably because the size of the stage and also of the troupe was too small for a full-blown singing and dancing show).
I'm not sure how long they have been doing this. I was last aboard Oriana last year and they didn't perform a play then. Hopefully they will start doing it on Aurora once Oriana has gone.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

mikef

Post by mikef » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Didn't do a play on the cruise before
ImageImage

Daib

Post by Daib » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:48 pm

mikef wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 pm
Didn't do a play on the cruise before
I was told by Hughie (CD) that it was their first time. Just the right mix of ents tem I Sumerian’s.
Gan Canny

Dai