Dolly's Place

Lizzielou

Re: Dolly's Place

Post by Lizzielou » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 am

A warmish and sunny start to the day. Went out early to beat the rush and had a coffee sitting outside. Our lovely son in law starts his first of six rounds of chemo today, worrying times but thank goodness our hospital is a centre of excellence for cancer and we have the NHS. He'd be in real trouble if he was in the States.

Lucy

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Windy but bright and mild here. Just awaiting delivery of Sharon P's latest book on P&O at the moment. I am off to Portsmouth & Southampton this weekend - mainly for the Ocean Liner Society Ship Show on Saturday, which should be good, with interesting lectures and a few stalls selling ship memorabilia & the likes. Planning to eat with Caryll on Saturday night but sadly Sharon could not make it.

Fingers crossed for your son-in-law Lucy.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 pm

A miserable wet day today and doing nothing other than playing tennis this evening.

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Sunny.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

mikef

Post by mikef » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am

Morning didn't want to get out of bed this morning.Dull and dry at the moment.Weekly shop this morning, U3A weekday lunch later
ImageImage

Lizzielou

Post by Lizzielou » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 am

Not too bad here at the moment, the wind and rain are due later.
Have a good weekend everyone . I hope the Ocean Liner society show is good Andrew.

Lucy

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:10 am

It's much the same here Lucy with the rain due at 1pm. Deep joy.

I had a lovely lunch and afternoon yesterday playing skittles with the Red Hatters, the view out to sea from the pub was beautiful especially as it was a very blustery day. I'm pleased to say my skittle technique was 100% better than the last time I played even scored a strike! :)

Back on onion peeling duties this morning 2kilos already in the jars and pickling, another 2 kilos to go! I shall be glad of some fresh air later so I'm meeting a friend this afternoon for a cuppa.
Lizzie x

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Morning all.

Cloudy and damp. No real rain yet but that could change.

Not doing much today, I am looking forward to me fish n chips though.

Enjoy your day.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

elvis

Post by elvis » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Not had a bad day today my McMillan came on Wednesday and said I should have an adjustable bed, it came this morning, very good service. The oxygen assessment came and ordered me a oxygen machine. Had a phone call about 3.00 pm to say it will be delivered tomorrow, superb service.
Elvis

mikef

Post by mikef » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:32 am

Morning,after a very wet and windy night now calm and sunny.

Usual Saturday at Charlecote
ImageImage