Dolly's Place

prefdavid

Re: Dolly's Place

Post by prefdavid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:28 pm

A very misty start to the day and still not totally cleared up. Been out buying some wallpaper for the guest bedroom and got some sample paint which I'll try and get on this afternoon.

Went to see Mary Poppins Returns last night and thought it was very good although the songs weren't as memorable as the original.

Off to tennis later this afternoon then a quiet night in.

Off for my shoulder injection tomorrow morning so not sure whether I'll be able to type after that, so may be quiet for a day or so.

Yorkshire Phil

Post by Yorkshire Phil » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Not a bad day here 8-9 0C, weatherman says 13 0C for Sunday.
Yorkshire Phil from Yorkshire Pudding land. :D

mikef

Post by mikef » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 am

Morning, bright and sunny start.

Already been to dentist, 8am appointment and got u3a weekday lunch at 1pm
ImageImage

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 am

Yet another bright sunny morning, feeling a couple of degrees warmer as well. Much to my disgust Waitrose had run out of tartare sauce, both the chilled and jarred varieties......... shock...horror...so a stroll along to the Co-op beckons, hopefully I'll have better luck there.

Hope you're still having fun with your cordless Hoovers Andrew and Paul, housework done in no time? :)
Lizzie x

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

prefdavid wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Brightonbreezy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:02 pm

A friend has a hybrid but says that he virtually never has to plug it in to the electricity as it charges whilst being driven. Does yours do that David? I would hate to rely on having to plug a car in as I don't have a driveway or electricity in the garage (and can't install it there).

Never too early to start giving a little forward-thought to the next car!
It does a little bit of recharging Andrew, when you brake but it really needs to be charged as it gets around 40 miles on a charge depending on how you drive. Whether you can get a charge point installed depends on the distance a point would be installed from your meter/mains as they need to connect to that and I certainly wouldn't want to rely on public charging hence why I went for a hybrid rather than an electric car.
Thanks David. The front of my house is only a few feet from the road - but the problem is that on-street parking is a nightmare in my road. Very few houses have driveways and the builders built the garages so small that most people can't even get their cars into them. I am lucky as my garage is underneath a 'coachhouse' flat and is much wider than the others.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

Quite a bright morning but plenty of cloud around. It gradually got warmer as the evening & night went on yesterday and is currently 7 degrees which feels a lot warmer than yesterday daytime.

Apart from a swim this afternoon, no real plans for today so will probably have to resort to some housework and play with the new hoover Lizzie :-).
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Morning all.

Cloudy but dry. Had a bit of sun earlier but that has all gone. Mild.

Been to Sainsbugs and had a full English in the Saucy Sausage. Also been to the Doctors and waited half hour in the Chemist for a cream only to be they ain't got none and to come back tomorrow. That's 30 minutes I'll never get back. Can't go tomorrow so will leave it until Monday.

A quiet day not a lot else happening. I'm off to play with me 'Oover. Me carpets never been to clean.

Enjoy your day.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Afternoon all. Back from the hospital and just advised to take it easy with my shoulder so no putting on the second coat of paint today. Too early to tell if the injection has eased the pain yet as I'm avoiding doing anything that might make it hurt.

A damp day and quite cold so we're doing very little though Tina is threatening to get cracking on the ironing once Loose Women has finished.

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Vacuuming this morning was almost a pleasure. I did say almost! :-)
Andrew

mikef

Post by mikef » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 am

Morning, dank and dismal start to the day.

Charlecote and the first weekend after my food shop has closed, supposed to be dong tastings for the visitors today in the Victorian Kitchen
ImageImage