Dolly's Place

Brightonbreezy

Re: Dolly's Place

Post by Brightonbreezy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:13 am

Well, after the lovely day yesterday, today is wet 'n' horrible. No real plans for today apart from some tidying etc and cheer England's rugger team on later in front of the box!
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 am

Heavy rain overnight but now we have watery sunshine, doesn't look very settled though. I don't need to go out so I shall have a duvet day I think.:)
Lizzie x

mikef

Post by mikef » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Charlecote as usual today, was going to do tastings but the weather was so bad this morning it wasn't worth it as there were hardly any visitors,so spent the day in the shop, most of it on the till as the others were rearranging things ready for when all our Easter stuff comes in tomorrow
ImageImage

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Home after a lovely cruise. Disembarkation was a shambles, we were off at 8.30am as were about 200 others, found our luggage then it started, with people shoving and pushing to get through the exit, at least 3 deep, security then insisted single file with a single sniffer dog checking everyone and their luggage so this was causing the delay. From getting luggage to getting to coach took about 35 mins instead of 5. Moan over!! Felt so sad leaving Oriana for the last time but she is showing her age, believe she is going to be called Piano something.

mikef

Post by mikef » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 am

it's a real pain when border force chose your ship to check up on, I've had the same and it took ages.

Morning, bright and sunny start, no plans today apart from the washing is on.
ImageImage

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 am

Its such a shame when folks start pushing & shoving to save such a negligible amount of time. Welcome home Sandy.

Gorgeous sunny start to the day here. Got some admin stuff to do and get for a swim this afternoon. Might also do a bit more cutting back in the garden if the sun stays out.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 am

Well Mr. Sun is making an unexpected appearance here so it's nearly time to get my bike out of the garage for an hour or two this morning, as I have some Assessment Rides to conduct later this week and just want to double check the route for any roadworks, new potholes etc.

Off to the Consultant later this afternoon to report the results since my injection and also to discuss what else to consider as there's significant easing of pain but not a full cure.

Dance lesson after that and then a quiet evening in.

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am

Morning all.

Sunny with fluffy bits.

Got to go food shopping this morning and I'll probably pop into the Saucy Sausage as well. Got to go into the Post Office, got a parcel to send, I ain't been in one if them for ages.

Welcome home Sandy.

Enjoy your day.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

Mr Sun is here as well David, hopefully he is beaming at all of us!

Welcome home Sandy what a shame about the disembarkation, I've yet to hear from my friend how she fared as no doubt she's up to her eyes with washing. As Andrew said, why do people feel the need to push their way forward regardless of others, such bad manners. Oh dear I sound like my Grandmother. :D

Off to the post office later to return an item, didn't like it, and then to do some food shopping.
Lizzie x

Lizzielou

Post by Lizzielou » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 am

Some blue patches and fairly mild at the moment. No plans as such for the day.
Welcome home Sandy.

Lucy