Dolly's Place

Brightonbreezy

Re: Dolly's Place

Post by Brightonbreezy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 am

Sunny/cloudy/very windy morning so far. Like Lizzie, I think I am going to start checking on clothes for Azura -see what I can and can't fit into!

Off into London late afternoon for tonight's Arsenal game to see if we can manage to beat Rennes by at least two goals. Not that easy with our defence!
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Morning all.

Rain, wind and sunshine so far today. It just cannot make it's mind up

Been to Sainsbugs and the Saucy Sausage and that's it for today.

Enjoy your day.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 am

Good result for the Gunners then Andrew, must have made the trip into London worthwhile.

It's very windy here but not raining at the moment, though very overcast.

Tennis this morning then we would normally be off to the Club this evening BUT our DIL is going into hospital at some time today to be induced so we're on standby as she's asked Tina to go with her. So all plans for this weekend are now on hold.

mikef

Post by mikef » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

Morning, windy and dull again.

Just the weekly shop today
ImageImage

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 am

Morning from an overcast Teignmouth, rain is also forecast here and I'm on standby in case it doesn't arrive, like yesterday,, and then my friend from Dawlish will pop over, if it does materialise we will postpone until Monday.

Exciting times for your family David, I hope your DiL has an easy as possible labour and your grandson makes his appearnce soon.
Lizzie x

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 am

Quite bright but very breezy here so far - no rain forecast for us.

Yes David, I was very pleased with Arsenal's win last night but they did keep us on tenterhooks after the first 20-30 minutes. Doesn't help the blood pressure! Fortunately it is very easy getting into London from here. When I go to football it is only 19 minutes on the train to Finsbury Park and then a 10 minute walk. Kings Cross/St Pancras only 25 minutes for theatre etc.

I have a friend visiting tomorrow for the day from Brighton so today is a housework today to make sure everything is spick & span. Hopefully get for a swim this afternoon.

David - best wishes for a safe special delivery very soon!
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

paultheeagle

Post by paultheeagle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Morning all.

Windy, damp, cloudy but not cold.

Fish n chips for tea.

Enjoy your day.
Up the Palace.

Paul.

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 am

Very windy with blanket cloud cover - but dry at the moment.

Looking forward to my friend from Brighton visiting today. I have a table booked at a local restaurant in the Old Town. Not been there before but it gets good reviews so fingers crossed.
Andrew

mikef

Post by mikef » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:30 am

Morning, as seems usual these days windy and dull.

Usual Saturday at Charlecote, but just the one day this weekend
ImageImage

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am

Very, very wet though not as windy as yesterday. No news on the new arrival front and according to our son who's at the hospital not a lot happening at the moment. It would be nice to have a double celebration today with a new arrival and a forthcoming FA Cup semi-final although PTE may not agree with that second wish.

Supposed to be going to a dance tonight but we'll just have to see what transpires before we can decide on anything.