Has anyone been on the Oriana and the ventura?

LesleyLynne

Has anyone been on the Oriana and the ventura?

Post by LesleyLynne » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:39 pm

We are a young (we think anyway) 68 and 72 married couple. Can.t decide which ship to cruise on - have read negative reviews about both. Have cruised on azura twice and loved it. Sorry predictive text. Choice between Oriana and Ventura. Don.t know where Romana came from😠

Batwoman

Re: Has anyone been on the Oriana and the ventura?

Post by Batwoman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:16 am

LesleyLynne wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:39 pm
We are a young (we think anyway) 68 and 72 married couple. Can.t decide which ship to cruise on - have read negative reviews about both. Have cruised on azura twice and loved it. Sorry predictive text. Choice between Oriana and Ventura. Don.t know where Romana came from😠
I've amended the Romana in the heading for you :)

As for which ship that's not so easy as they are both so different, what I can say is that as you've both enjoyed Azura then Ventura wil feel very familiar to you. Oriana is of course child free and this can affect the age demographic, but she is a beautiful elegant ship, unfortunately not in the P&O fleet for much longer, so her remaining cruises will sell out quickly and no doubt expensively!
Lizzie x

sunseeker

Post by sunseeker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:40 am

Oriana is pretty different to Azura/Ventura, which are very similar. As Batwoman says, if Azura suited you then Ventura probably will too. Ventura has a retractable cover to the main pool (but no Sea Screen), so if you like swimming she could offer you a longer swimming season.
Oriana is noticeably smaller, has far fewer balconies but has a nice range of ‘venues’ - theatre, bars, dance floor. The Crows Nest, the high forward facing bar, is a nice spot.
Oriana has a definite judder near the back. I don’t think I would book a cabin beyond midships.

I wouldn’t chose, or reject, a cruise on either based on the ship alone; it would be the itinerary which would determine my choice
Hilary

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:10 am

As previously said, the two ships are very different. Oriana is much more laid back and genteel than Azura or Ventura. If you want a balcony cabin, then of course Oriana is much more expensive. If you feel like trying a smaller ship something akin to a classic ocean liner whilst there are still some around, then give Oriana a go.
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

DebW

Post by DebW » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Been on Oriana eight times now, and will try and get back on her before she leaves the fleet.

Been on Ventura once - never again.......

prefdavid

Post by prefdavid » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:44 pm

We've been on both though only once on Ventura. As others have already said the layout is very similar to Azura and I suspect the same issues. Too small pub area, any half way decent shows and you need to be in the Theatre 20 minutes before the show starts and if you like proper ballroom dancing the Atrium isn't the place to be.

Oriana we've cruised on a few times and it is/was our favourite in the fleet but that's because we do like having a proper ballroom, a proper cinema and have never really noticed the judder.

However it would be the itinerary and value for money that persuades us, hence the reason why we've booked Celebrity for the Baltics next year.

barnsfield

Post by barnsfield » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:16 pm

We have been on Oriana twice and Ventura 7 times. They are both very different ships but I love them both in their own way.
Sandra 8-)

Daib

Post by Daib » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:50 am

Been on both, love both, Ventura has more eating venues and more entertainment venues.

Ventura very like Azura

We like Azura as well.
Gan Canny

Dai