Aurora's New Cabins

Brightonbreezy

Aurora's New Cabins

Post by Brightonbreezy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:29 am

Not sure if this has been brought up before - apologies if it has.

I was hoping for some new inside singles where the current kids' facilities are but sadly I am to be disappointed. I see that the make up of the new cabins will be 4 x larger inside twins, 4 x larger outside obstructed view twins,4 x outside twin with aft view of pool & deck, 5 x deluxe balcony and 6 x single balcony. All the balconies are of the solid, in-hull type. So, still no inside singles and only the 4 outside singles right at the forward end.

There is still availability of a single balcony cabin for my cruise next year - but it would cost me almost £1000 extra to upgrade :shock:
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

mikef

Re: Aurora's New Cabins

Post by mikef » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:41 pm

On the other ships it is usually cheaper to book a low grade inside cabin than a single so I don't bother with a single cabin usually
ImageImage

Batwoman

Post by Batwoman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm

I also book an ordinary cabin as I object to paying a supplement on a single cabin and as Mike says it frequently works out better value for money, not to mention the extra space.
Lizzie x

MaureenB

Post by MaureenB » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 am

Batwoman wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm
I also book an ordinary cabin as I object to paying a supplement on a single cabin and as Mike says it frequently works out better value for money, not to mention the extra space.
I agree with Mike and Lizzie. There is no way I would pay the weighted supplement for a "single" cabin. It is disgraceful that the price is so loaded.
Maureen

Brightonbreezy

Post by Brightonbreezy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am

Yes, I don't disagree with you. I've only once booked a single, which was on Oriana and was the time I ended up being moved due to a problem with the water in the bathroom. I too have seen cruises where a twin/double is actually cheaper than booking the single - which seems crazy!
Andrew

Enjoyed cruising since 1995 and have been lucky enough to have sailed with Cunard, P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Fred Olsen, Saga, Portuscale, Marella & CMV - plus one Nile cruise. To come: Azura, Coral Princess & Aurora.

JAH

Post by JAH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm a single traveller. I like an outside cabin rather than inside, though a balcony normally works out too expensive. On Aurora, I've found that booking one of the four single cabins usually seems to work out about the same price as booking a twin cabin for one. I do like Aurora's single cabins though. Their forward location overlooking the bow means that the views are excellent and also that they are very quiet as they aren't on the way to anywhere, and in spite of being singles they aren't too cramped. I suppose there's more ship motion than there would be in a more midships-located cabin, but luckily I'm a pretty good sailor. The location does mean that one finds oneself walking more, but the extra exercise is probably good for me. :)