Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Future Cruises Booked?

Have any of you booked new cruises since the Covid 19 caused multiple cancellations, or are you playing a waiting game? We are both missing our cruising holidays and my OH won't cruise until there is a vaccine available.

In spite of this we have booked 2 cruises for next year, one a British Isles cruise and the other a cruise visiting the East Coast of North America, sailing from and too Southampton.

Sort of. I had a cruise booked for this May with Peter from Thailand, which was obviously cancelled. Fred Olsen did the same as all the other lines and offered a refund or FCC of 125%. We found an alternative cruise on the same ship (Boudicca) for next June, the highlight of which was a double-transit of the Kiel Canal. You may well have heard that Fred Olsen has acquired two 'new' ships from HAL which are replacing Boudicca and Black Watch. Consequently, we are no longer going through the Kiel Canal as whilst the ex-HAL ships are small by today's standards, they are too big for the canal.

Fred has handled the Pandemic crisis pretty well but sadly, I cannot say the same about the change-over of ships. We are both still unhappy about the change of itinerary but are looking forward to sailing on a lovely ship.

I also have 2 P&O FCC's to use but having looked at the prices for next year, have decided to wait until the 2022 itineraries are released in November.

Nowt booked, nowt planned. Too busy A) Hoping YD's wedding can go ahead next March and B) Refurbing the downstairs rooms in the house.

Maybe 2022 we'll get back to cruising.

We did lift and shift with Celebrity, from October 2020 to September 2021.  Its a Canary islands cruise and we had a good deal with the price, no tips and inclusive drinks.

This year we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, we should have been in a cruise to Italy calling in Naples and Genoa.  Ive always wanted to go to Portifino and it was an excursion on the cruise, I really enjoyed a holiday we had in Sorrento years ago so that was another excursion I’d booked, at the moment I’m watching a similar cruise, when the prices come down I’ll rebook 🙂

I was going to be doing a sector of Arcadia's Worldie next year Karen, to celebrate my 60th birthday and retirement. Sadly, it is now one if my FCC's. Whether I get to do anything nice to celebrate the birthday at the end of November is obviously very much open to question...

We can have a joint big 60th Im in April 🙂